MEL script for Maya. Ideal for mirroring FK controls (NURBS Curves).
- Mirror hierarchy of controls like standart Mirror Joint tool with Behavior mirror function.
Just select first control or group, no need select hierarhcy.
- Works correctly with objects without freezing transformations. Don't freeze transformations of your controls!
- Prefix/suffix autodetection.
Script defines the following prefixes/suffixes: 'l, r', 'L, R', 'Left, Right', 'left, right', 'lf, rt', 'LF, RT' 'ls, rs' 'LS, RS', 'ls, rs'.
The script will define them in any part of the name of the control. For example: 'L_shoulder_ctrl', or 'Shoulder_L_ctrl', or 'Shoulder_ctrl_L'.
- Autosave custom prefix/suffix
Also you can write your custom prefix or suffix. The script will remember them until the next change.
For a better definition, I advise you to write them with an underscore. For example: 'Left_' or '_Left' or '_Left_'.
- Autosave last changes in UI: prefix/suffix and mirror Axis.
The script is tested and works with Maya 2018-2023
I will appreciate any your feedback and suggestions: firstname.lastname@example.org